Duff Goldman’s New Food Network Show — “Sugar High”
Ready for a Sugar High? Duff Goldman was made famous by Ace of Cakes, a reality television show that focused on the daily operation of his custom cake shop Charm City Cakes. Late 2010, Food Network decided to pull the plug on the show after its 10th season, opening the way for Duff to get out of the bakery, and continue to spark America’s sugar curiosity with his new series — Sugar High.
The new series, peremiering monday August 8th at 10:30pm ET/PT, will follow Duff as he makes a cross-country trek to explore the top dessert destinations around the country. In the six-episode premiere season Duff will visit an array of sweet spots ranging from diners and snow cone machines to food carts and boutique bakeries.
Goldman’s stops include Los Angeles, Dallas, New Orleans, Chicago, Boston and Philadelphia, where he will be sharing his expertise and personality on his search to find the nation’s best baked goods. Sounds interesting enough, the question is, does Duff have enough swagger to keep America’s attention without the backing of his amazing cakes and crushing deadlines he faced back at his Charm City Cakes bakery? I guess we will all find out when the series debuts.
The question stands — will you be watching Sugar High?
Images Courtesy ‘Food Network’
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor