The Lime Truck Set To Open a Brick & Mortar Location
While some chefs and talented foodies may take to starting a food truck to avoid the high startup costs associated with a brick-and-mortar restaurant, the fellows behind The Lime Truck have done it a bit differently. Lime was created to fill a void, as their mission statement reminds. They wanted to deliver fresh food to people on the go, people cramped in office cubicles every day, and food to insomniacs during those late nights.
After seeing their truck’s success, opening a second roaming truck to meet the demand, and even being featured on the second season of Food Network’s “The Great Food Truck Race” (airing August 14th), the truck’s co-owner and consulting chef, Jason Quinn, told the OC Register his plans for his own restaurant opening.
The information gleaned from the report is minimal; no word on the menu, no exact date, and no word of any The Lime Truck co-branding. All we know thus far is that the restaurant will be in Santa Ana at 4th and Spurgeon, will open in a “few months” and will have both upstairs and downstairs patios.
Notably, this isn’t the first piece of news regarding a food truck making the jump into a brick-and-mortar location. It wasn’t too long ago Chef Roy Choi of the Kogi BBQ Truck notoriety opened up his LA-based Chego restaurant, following the success of his mini Korean-Mexican food truck empire.
Could we see more trucks make the leap in the future? Are there any in specific you feel would work well as a standalone restaurant?
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor