Just in case you aren’t in the mood to sit by the campfire/bonfire because your significant other sprayed too much lighter fluid and everything smells like chemicals, we’ve found a recipe to get you S’more’d up before the flames ignite.
With these cookies you’ll still be the hit of the party (and won’t smell like smoke) and every kid (or adult) who gets their lucky mitts on one will probably love you forever. Forever ever? No promises.
We’ve seen the awesome campfire orange cakes as a substitute for the Sandlot classic before, but today a traditional campfire dessert gets the cookie treatment from our friend Risa at the Baked Perfection Blog. Full Recipe below!
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
2 Hershey bars, chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium bowl combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt, and dash of cinnamon. In a second larger bowl beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 minutes, and remove from the oven. Push 3 to 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of hershey bar into each cookies. Return to the oven and bake an additional 3-4 minutes until fully cooked. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor