Nutella Buckeye Balls
While I’m all for bucking trends and thinking outside the box, I know a good thing when I see it. So when I saw two posts featuring Nutella on Foodbeast this week, I felt inspired to join in on the awesome.
My favorite Nutella recipe is pretty straightforward: Open jar. Consume. (Spoon optional). However, I wanted to bring you a treat with a little more class and a little less shame. So Nutella Buckeyes it is.
Basically, I took an already amazing Buckeye Balls recipe and substituted Nutella for the Peanut Butter.
Nutella Buckeye Balls (Makes around 50)
- 1 1/2c Nutella
(That’s like one and a half jars. If you are looking for a way to use the rest of that second jar, see above recipe.)
- 6T butter, softened
- 12oz powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 1/4c Rice Krispies
- Chocolate Baking Bark
1. Cream together butter and Nutella.
2. In a separate and large bowl, combine powdered sugar and Rice Krispies.
3. Add Nutella mixture to cereal mixture and combine well. Using your hands is encouraged! The mixture will be quite dry and crumbly.
4. Using your second favorite Christmas gift (aka your 2t cookie scoop), measure out heaping scoops of the buckeye mix and smash into ball form. (The heat from your hands should help keep it together.) And then let them chill a bit in the fridge or freezer.
5. Meanwhile, melt your baking bark and coat those buckeyes! Then put them back in the freezer to set the chocolate.
Nutella’s Tips for Moms section of their web site informed me that the best breakfast to serve a child is one that will be eaten. So put a few Nutella Buckeyes in front of your precious little ones at the breakfast table. I guarantee it will be one of the best meals they’ve ever had!
To see more recipes using ingredients that aren’t just for breakfast anymore, visit The Cereal Baker.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor