Sizzler’s US Operations Return To California
Officials from Sizzler USA reported today that controls of its US operations were coming back to Culver City, CA.
Its management entity successfully acquired the US interests from Australia’s Pacific Equity Partners (PEP), which had owned both Sizzler’s US and International operations since 2005. Terms of the sale, which excludes the international operations, were not disclosed.
Sizzler USA currently owns or franchises 178 restaurants in the US and Puerto Rico and was originally founded in Culver City in 1958. The ownership group includes the current Chief Executive Kerry Kramp and Jim Collins, who originally purchased Sizzler from its founder Del Johnson in 1967.
Since Kramp has joined Sizzler in 2008 the company has closed underperforming units, and been at the forefront of the chain’s same store sale increases. He has been crucial in the restaurant’s rebranding efforts both inside, and outside the store.
Could this new leadership and renewed focus bring back the Sizzler brand name?
A shot of Kramp inside a newly remodeled Sizzler’s unit.
An exterior shot of a newly remodeled Sizzler’s unit.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor