Top 5 Near Death Experiences Using Diet Coke & Mentos
We’ve all become privy to the oddly captivating phenomena of combining Mentos with Diet Coke. If you’re not aware, the combination of the two causes a reaction that results in the rapid formation of foam, causing a geyser effect. In the case of a slightly closed bottle with a little breathing room, the effect is an amazing little soda rocket that gets some serious air time.
In a 2006 episode of Mythbusters, the show’s hosts concluded that the caffeine, potassium benzoate, aspartame, and CO2 gas of the Diet Coke coupled with the gelatin and gum arabic ingredients of the Mentos leads to rapid formation of the foam.
Science, physics…yadda yadda. All I care is that people continue to be mystified by the experiment, so much so that they continue to upload ridiculous, near-death attempts at soda-rockets. Here’s a compilation of the top 5, caught on tape, from the vast landscape of the interwebs:
1. Rocket to the Groin
2. Take it to the chest…like a man
3. This Rocket doesn’t almost kill anyone.
4. This Rocket actually gets close to killing someone.
5. This Rocket is up for murder. Serious.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor