Four Loko Is Now Available In Glass Bottles
The Chicago-based Phusion Projects, the mastermind group behind the catastrophically popular Four Loko, has recently announced that their drinks will also be available in glass bottle form. The new packaging was developed to build on the consumer demand for glass bottles in the progressive adult beverage scene.
The glass bottle variation of the drink will feature three of the brand’s most popular flavors: lemonade, fruit punch and watermelon. The hopes behind the new packaging is to enable the company to sell its products in grocery, mass merchandise and drug stores.
Bottles will be available in six packs as well as a 12-bottle variety pack that will feature all three bottle flavors. Each bottle measures 1..2 ounces and are 8% alcohol by volume (ABV). By comparison, Mike’s Hard Lemonade and Smirnoff Ice bottles of similar size are usually around 5% ABV.
Recent figures place Phusion Projects as the 11th largest marketer of alcoholic beverages in the U.S, and the new glass bottles help the brand tap into previously uncharted distribution channels.
Good thing these badboys don’t have caffeine. I can only image the trouble the original Four Loko recipe would have gotten us into had it been contained in a breakable, smashable and easily-throwable glass container. Drink on.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor