I am not sure what it is, but there’s something intriguing about booze in sweets. As soon as I mention that the cake or the cookies contain alcohol, people just go at them. I think it’s just curiosity – does it taste like alcohol or does it taste like a cookie? For the most part it tastes like a cookie, or a cake.
But, that’s not the case with these Bourbon Balls. I can truly say that once you bite into one of these, you will feel as if though you took a shot of bourbon instead of a bite of a cookie. Unless you do what you are supposed to – wait one day before eating them!
I should have done that the first time that I made them, but I’m impatient. I could not wait to try them, and because of that, I instantly hated them! Thank goodness I left the rest of the cookies to sit over night because the next day these Bourbon Balls were better than delicious. They were incredible!
So, if you are going to give these a try, please wait at least a day before eating them. You will thank me later.
You will need:
1 cup fine vanilla wafer crumbs
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup bourbon
1 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1 cup powdered sugar
In a deep bowl combine crushed vanilla wafer crumbs, chopped pecans, powdered sugar, and the cocoa.
In a separate bowl, blend the bourbon and corn syrup.
Pour the bourbon mixture into the dry mixture; blend well.
Cover and chill for 3 hours.
Shape small bits of the dough into balls and roll them in the powdered sugar. Store in refrigerator over night in tightly covered containers.
You can also make these a few days in advance for best flavor.
Makes about 3 dozen bourbon balls.
For more deliciousness, please hop on over to Diethood!
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor