Taco Bell Testing Shells Made of Nacho Cheese Doritos?
According to several reports, it appears that Taco Bell has begun testing Doritos Locos Tacos, a new menu item that places the familiar Taco Bell ingredients into a shell made entirely of Nacho Cheese Doritos. A YouTube video dated back to July 14 of 2010 reveals that this product isn’t necessarily new, but seems to be still going through test markets for proper research.
No indication has been made that this will be a nationally available menu item, but the idea behind the proves to be an interesting one for fans of both Doritos and Taco Bell. The idea of a shell made entirely of Doritos opens the flood gates for various flavors of taco shells, Cooler Ranch anyone?
Earlier today, our friends at GrubGrade surfaced a few more shots of the taco from a Toledo, Ohio location. The main talent in the evidence video posted below claims the taco is “Everything I expected and more,” and several bites and chews later thumbs up an off-screen buddy to acknowledge his approval of the new item.
What do y’all think? Delicious concept? Is this available in your area? If not, would you like it to be? Speak on it in the comments!
UPDATE 04/14/2011: Taco Bell’s Facebook page has uploaded an official image regarding the Taco, confirming it and pointing fans to the Toledo, OHIO location mentioned above if they’re interested in tasting the Doritos-flavored shell.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor