Adventure: IKEA Food Court (Costa Mesa, CA)
IKEA is the world’s largest furniture retailer. Chances are you are familiar with a location in your home town, but did you know they had food that was actually edible? I’d always heard interesting things regarding their food, and I always took it with a grain of salt. On a recent trip with Taylor in tow, we did some shopping for the office and then proceeded to check out their cafeteria-style food offerings. Don’t get it twisted though, this food kills the goop being served up by the PTA from your high school days!
I immediately jumped at the chance to try their Vegetarian Crepes ($2.99) filled with cheese and spinach. With a consistency that seemed a bit foreign, I definitely couldn’t complain about the taste, these things were great!
Finished off my order with this open-faced egg and shrimp salad sandwich. Taylor jumped in the mix with a Swedish Meatballs dish ($3.99) which comes complete with 15 meatballs, mashed potatoes, cream sauce and lingonberries. Get a load of that Mac and Cheese side plate too! Game on!
The menu in store is much more varied then the listing they have on their US Online Menu, but it should definitely give you an idea of pricing and some of their daily specials. Check it out, if you’re shopping at IKEA, it’s definitely a solid place to grub!
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor