Hamburgers and Heroin: Are They One in the Same?
Hamburgers or heroin, is there a difference? According to the latest Precinct Studios Community Service Announcement, the difference between the two is almost indistinguishable. Towards the end of the video, they pose the thought, “You wouldn’t inject your children with junk. So why are you feeding it to them?” The minute-long spot is eye-catching and interesting, to say the least. Fair in its accusations? I would beg to differ.
While I won’t spend a significant amount of time defending whomever the viewing audience of this PSA may be attacking (whether it’s the parenting, the fast food itself, or the people providing it), I will indeed recognize the interesting discussion that it does present. Like we’ve pointed out in our article delving into nutrition facts between Subway vs. KFC vs. Carl’s Jr., you can eat healthy, or at least responsibly, anywhere you go.
Maybe the PSA is attacking the idea of idiocy itself? If that’s the case, I back it whole-heartedly. People should be educated. You can eat responsibly at KFC, McDonald’s, or KFC. You can eat terribly at Subway, your house, or that nice sit-down restaurant you think is giving you quality, nutritious food. Is it fair to attack a hamburger, or food that is easily accessible? Is it heroin? Is it as addictive, deadly and life-consuming? I’ve met people who can eat a hamburger a day, go to the gym just as often, and be about a normal life style. I can’t say the same for the heroin addict down the hall. What do you guys think?
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor