How to Make Butterscotch S’more Blondies
Move over pumpkin-flavored ho-hum, Butterscotch S’more Blondies have arrived. These crispy, chewy, light and airy bars are what would happen if a blondie and a s’more had a baby, and then filled that baby to the top with butterscotch.
Add some chocolate chips and gooey marshmallows and they become absolutely irresistible. They are the perfect fall treat, with a warm color and s’more flavor, and only take 10 minutes to make. You could also use these as a vessel for any of your leftover Halloween candy.
I hear that’s a thing, “leftover candy,” though I’ve never witnessed it myself.
Butterscotch S’more Blondies
[ Printable Recipe ]
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
Here’s How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare a 9 x 13-inch pan for baking. (Line with foil or parchment and spray with baking spray.)
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt together the butterscotch chips and butter, stirring constantly. Once mostly melted (it will not be completely smooth), set aside to cool.
- While the butterscotch mixture is cooling, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix the vanilla and eggs into the cooled butterscotch mixture (you can mix it right in the pan), stirring well. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Gently fold in mini marshmallows and chocolate chips, stirring just until combined.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. The edges should be lightly browned, but the center does not have to be completely set, the bars will firm up more once they cool.
[ Adapted from A Farmgirl's Dabbles ]
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK