Here’s How to Make a Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Sriracha
So, you’re probably tired of us shoving Sriracha-laden goodness in your face by now. From (don’t hold your breath) Sriracha jerky, Sriracha salt, Sriracha chocolate, Sriracha popcorn to Sriracha lip balm, it’s plain to see that we’re obsessed.
Can you blame us? Its sweet and spicy flavor goes well with almost everything and the only people who disagree are those blasphemous Tabasco lovers. Thus, to add to our repertoire of Sriracha lovin’, here’s a recipe for a Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Sriracha . . . because, well, you already know.
Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Sriracha
Courtesy of Marc Forgione and T-fal
Makes 4 servings
For the Chili Lobster:
- 2 cups Lobster Stock (If you can’t find LobsterStock, get seafood stock, which should be available at Whole Foods or Fox & Obels)
- 4 (1 ½ pound) lobsters, claws removed
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 6 ounces (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 8 slices of fontina cheese
- 4 slices Pullman Loaf or other high-quality thick sliced white bread (1” thick)
Here’s How to Make It
1. Cut the tails off the lobster bodies, and into 1-inch pieces while the tails are still in their shells
2. Bring the Lobster Stock to a simmer and add the Sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice. Piece by piece, whisk in 6 tablespoons of butter until emulsified. Reduce the remaining sauce until it slightly thickens, about 2 minutes.
3. Toss the lobster tail pieces in oil with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Place the lobsterpieces in a bowl and transfer to the fridge until cooled. When the lobster pieces have cooled, pop the meat out of the tails and set aside.
4. For each sandwich take two slices of bread. Place one slice of fontina cheese on top of the first slice, cover the cheese with some lobster meat, sprinkle ½ tablespoon of tarragon, cover with a second slice of fontina cheese, and then top with the second piece of bread. Brush the outer sides of each slice of bread with melted butter and season with salt. Grill the sandwich on the T-fal Mini Grilled Cheese Griddle and serve with a small bowl of the chili sauce on the side.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK