Here’s How to Make a Bourbon Raspberry Float
Perhaps the only way to enjoy a solid, well-crafted bourbon, other than neat, is to pour it over a frothing glass of raspberry-doused cherry ice cream. At least, that’s the conclusion we came to when we concocted these Bourbon Raspberry Floats.
Last week, the good folks over at Knob Creek sent over a few bottles of Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon and Rye Whiskey. While the latter went down our gullets like fire, the former had a nice, chocolate warmth to it. After finishing off a couple shots of the stuff, here’s looking at you Rudy, we decided the liquor would make a great boozy treat on a Friday afternoon. Thus, the Bourbon Raspberry Float was born.
Knob Creek’s bourbon packs a punch at 120 proof and is bottled at cask strength; so depending on your palate, feel free to add more or less of the spirit to your float. The recipe as a whole compliments the bourbon’s sweet vanilla and caramel flavors, while still keeping its bold aroma.
Bourbon Raspberry Float
- Tub of black cherry ice cream (we picked the Safeway Select brand ‘cuz we bougie like that)
- Reed’s Raspberry Ginger Brew
- Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- Knob Creek’s Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon
1. Take several Oreos and separate the creme from the cookie.
2. Dip the rim of a glass in chocolate syrup, then coat with crushed Oreo cookies. Discard the creme, if you didn’t already lick it off.
3. Fill glass with cherry ice cream.
4. Pour 1-2 shots of bourbon over ice cream.
5. Pour in raspberry soda until it reaches the rim of glass.
6. Stick an Oreo on top of the whole sheebang.
7. Eat & Drink.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK