Here’s How To Make Adam Sandler’s Spanglish Sandwich With A Lot More Bacon
The movie was semi-forgettable, but remained viable because of the subtle yet obviously apparent beauty of Paz Vega AND the late-night, ingredient-enhanced BLT that Adam Sandler’s character John Clasky made in his home kitchen. Thanks for the inspiration Billy Madison, but we decided to step our game up. Here’s what you’ll need for two sandwiches, because you’ll want someone else there to share your ambrosia. And to steal their bacon.
The Spanglish Sandwich With A Lot More Bacon
- 8 Strips of Bacon (16 strips, if you’re a man about it)
- 4 Slices of Sourdough Bread
- Enough Butter
- Enough Pesto
- Enough Mayonnaise
- 2 Slices of Gouda
- 2 Slices of Muenster
- 8 oz. of Smoked Turkey Breast (16 oz., if you want a 1/2 lb per sandwich)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Leafs of Butter Lettuce
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Avocado
Step by step instructions? Oh, we got you. With visuals? We’re tight!
1. Fry Bacon. Lots of it. With lots of oil. And don’t microwave it you nincompoop, you need the oil later.
2. Butter yo’ bread on the OUTSIDE. Buttering your bread on the inside, will make it fall apart once you add additional condiments.
3. For this part you need a broiler, and if don’t have one TOO BAD. You can also use a toaster oven or place the oven on high heat to like 450 until the edges start to brown. I learned that trick from my man Nick at Macheesmo.
5. Yes, I know I skipped 4, I happen to loathe the number so I skipped it. So there. Place Mayo and Pesto to taste on the inside of the bread.
6. This is what makes the sandwich really gouda. Add cheese to each side of the bread.
7. Put the roasted turkey on top of one side of the bread. Place it into the broiler until the cheese starts to darken and melt.
8. Place (2) eggs into the bacon grease. Make sure to spoon some of the grease on top of the eggs, so you don’t have to flip the egg and risk a potential YOLK MASSACRE.
9. Add the bacon and the tomato. Steal the bacon from your friend’s sandwich, add it to yours.
10. Add butter, lettuce and avocado. You’re so close.
11. Scoop the egg from the frying pan.
12. Put together. Cut the sandwich in half on the yolk. Cowabunga.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK