This McDonald’s Used To Be A 200-Year-Old Mansion
McDonald’s has opened its Big Mac-stuffed doors to locals in a number of odd and unusual locations, from a colonial-themed establishment to a floating Golden Arch on the Mississippi. However, this McDonald’s in a mansion dating back to 1795 in New Hyde Park, NY takes the McCake.
The mansion, known as the Denton House, was abandoned and near collapse until McDonald’s purchased the property in 1985, reopening the New Hyde Park location in the early 1990s. But the great American joint didn’t always plan on restoring these historic doors to burger-loving patrons. McDonald’s planned on tearing down the building and would have, if not for local protesters who wanted to see the historic landmark stay intact. So, while the 1700’s will be known as a time of great architecture, we in the present will be known by our fast food establishments. Winning.
photo courtesy PSFK
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK