Make These Sweet Potato Casserole Cookies
Thanksgiving is almost upon us, so that begs the all-important, albeit extremely personal, question: What’s in your Sweet Potato Casserole?
I’m guessing sweet potatoes, cinnamon, either pecans or marshmallows (or both, you baller), and a lot of butter. Guess what’s in mine: cake mix. It’s basically dessert anyways, so why fight it? Instead, embrace the gooey, glorious goodness that is Sweet Potato Casserole Cookies.
Sweet Potato Casserole Cookies
(Adapted from Duncan Hines)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2t cinnamon
- 1/4t nutmeg
- 1/4t ground cloves
- 1/4c butter, melted
- 15oz can sweet potatoes/yams, drained and mashed
- 12 regular-sized marshmallows (not mini)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and ready cookie sheet with parchment.
- Sift together cake mix and spices.
- Stir in sweet potatoes and melted butter until fully incorporated.
- Make into 1.5T balls of dough with your cookie scoop and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile cut marshmallows in half (don’t make me tell you which way, you know).
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately press a marshmallow half into each cookie.
- Broil on high for 2 to 3 minutes until your mallow has achieved your preferred level of brownness.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
Alt. directions: One of the best things about SP casserole is that warm, crispy mallow. So if you’re taking these cookies to a friend’s house for Thanksgiving, I would suggest holding off on steps 7 and 8 until it’s time to dig in.
If you are looking for ways to mix up your holiday menu, this recipe is a great option: it’s easy, unexpected, and will result in lots of thanks being given to you.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK