Remember, Remember, the 5th of November with Eggy in the Basket
There’s nothing like a hearty dose of anarchy in the morning! Celebrate Guy Fawkes Day with this delicious breakfast featured in director James McTeigue’s V for Vendetta, the film adaptation of the acclaimed graphic novel by Alan Moore.
How To Make Eggy in the Basket
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of butter
1. Butter bread on both both sides.
2. Cut about a two-inch circle in the middle of each slice, using a small glass.
3. Place the buttered bread on a non-stick pan preheated over medium heat.
4. Add a dollop of butter into the center of each slice of bread and crack open an egg into each hole. Try not to break the yoke.
5. Sprinkle your eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Flip the bread once the egg begins to set around the edges and cook to desired doneness. Toast or fry centers to soap up extra yoke.
7. Voilà! In view, a humble breakfast, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate…
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK