Get Wrecked This Weekend with a ‘Wreck-it-Ralph’ Cocktail
Red and strong but still really sweet, this drink recipe goes out to all the kidults out there who might very well tear up while watching Disney’s new video game-inspired film, “Wreck-It Ralph,” this weekend.
Features a red and white Jello “brick wall” for your destructive pleasure.
“I’m gonna Wreck It!”
The “Wreck-It Ralph”
For the “brick wall”:
- 1 box red Jello
- 1 box clear or white Jello
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1 -2 cups white rum if desired
For the cocktail:
- 1 oz white rum (I used Malibu Passion Fruit)
- 1 oz Jamaican dark rum
- 1 oz Bacardi® 151 rum
- 4 oz orange juice
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz grenadine syrup
1. Following the box instructions, prepare red Jello beforehand, leaving enough time to set. Once cooled, chop the Jello into small, brick-like rectangles and spoon into the bottom of your drink glass. You should have much more Jello than you need, so feel free to set aside the rest for later. After placing your “bricks,” take your clear or white Jello mixture, pour it over the bricks and leave to set for least half an hour.
2. Later, combine all other ingredients on top of your pre-made Jello wall, mix well and pour over ice.
3. Finally, taking a spoon or straw, proceed to wreak havoc on your Jello bricks and break them into tons of little pieces. Potentially feel bad afterward. Drink the rest of the cocktail until you forget. After all, just because you’re a bad guy, doesn’t mean you’re a bad guy.
Disney’s Wreck-It-Ralph (PG) out on wide release Friday, November 2.
[Adapted from ‘Hurricane, New Orleans Style Recipe’ via DrinksMixer]
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK