Make These Whiskey’d Pumpkin Spice Lattes
It’s Monday afternoon and the staff at Foodbeast is enjoying a caffeinated whiskey buzz. How you ask? Well, while windsurfing the internet (and yes, that’s windsurfing), we stumbled upon a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Lattes with Whiskey by We Are Not Martha. While at first we were thrilled by the idea of drinking our daily espresso serving with a helping of Jameson, we were dismayed when the actual recipe didn’t quite live up to the Foodbeast standards.
Thus, we switched up the original recipe and the Whiskey’d Pumpkin Spice Latte was born. A tasty, liquored beverage that will also take care of that pumpkin spice-coffee craving. Two birds with one drink. Yes, it’s Monday and we are lush-ed.
For the Brew
- 4 cups strongly brewed coffee
- 2 cups whole milk
- 15 oz canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 oz. Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp Pumpkin Spice Creamer (We used Coffee-Mate)
- Cinnamon Sugar Spice for toppings (We used Trader Joe’s)
For the Whip Cream
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pumpkin Brew: Pour the brewed coffee, milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, maple syrup, creamer and vanilla extract in a large metal pot. Stir together over medium heat until the pumpkin puree becomes a liquid and the mixture has a smooth texture. You want this to be hot when you pour it over the whiskey.
2. Pour the whiskey in a glass or mug.
3. Whip Cream: Whip the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract together until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
4. Pour the pumpkin brew over the whiskey, then top with the whip cream and finally, a sprinkling of the cinnamon sugar spice.
5. Now kick off the week and make some for the entire office. We guarantee Mondays will become a banger.
**Note: measurements are not exact and we encourage Foodbeasts to alter it according to personal liquor and sweetness tastes.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK