FOOTBALL MUNCHIES: Chicken Wings Made With Brisk Tea
With the bad replacement refs and calls bringing football fans down, it’s time to perk things up with some especially yummy game munchies. This particular recipe calls for a rather unique ingredient into the mix: Brisk Tea. We know it might sound like one of those questionable concoctions your roommate makes when they are, ahem, “elevated” but trust us, garlic + cayenne pepper + Brisk Tea make for a delectable threesome. Oh, and it’s a good combo for wings too.
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, cut in half and tips removed
- 5 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups Brisk® Tea with Lemon
- 3 Tbsp. cayenne pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line bottom of broiler pan with aluminum foil; arrange rack on top. Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Arrange chicken on prepared pan. Bake, turning once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook garlic 30 seconds. Stir in Brisk® Tea with Lemon and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly syrupy and leaves a trail when the bottom of the pan is scraped with a spatula, about 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in cayenne pepper sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1/4 cup Spread.
- Reserve 1/4 cup sauce, then toss cooked chicken with remaining sauce mixture.
- Serve with reserved 1/4 cup sauce for dipping.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK