Here’s How to Make Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
Today, I have three words for you: Oreo. Cheesecake. Cookies.
Soft, chewy, cream cheese cookies rolled in crushed Oreo cookie crumbs. So, essentially, a delicious cookie rolled into another delicious cookie, another cookie inception perhaps? You be the judge:
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies - Yields about 30 small cookies
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (7 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4.8 ounces) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup oreo cookie sandwich crumbs (about 8 oreos)
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and salt on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla, and then add the flour and mix on low just until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
3. Roll or scoop the dough into 1-inch balls. Drop the dough balls into a bowl of oreo cookie crumbs and roll to coat. Arrange the dough balls 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
4. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, until the edges just start to brown and the tops are set. Cool for a minute or two on the sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
[Adapted from crumblycookie.net]
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK