Here is How to Make Ice Cream Sandwiches
Although Summer calls for tarty fruit dishes (my favorite!), sometimes you have to go the easy route and whip out some old fashioned Ice Cream Sandwiches.
These treats are a cinch, and you will be popping them out of the freezer to eat in no-time. Just some advice, if you are impatient (I don’t blame you, they are great!) you can use store bought chocolate chip cookies — however if you want a real, hearty ice cream sandwich, whip up some homemade cookies. The homemade ones give it that real rich, old fashioned sandwich you are looking for.
Chocolate Chip-Pretzel Cookies
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Earth Balance (butter)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 – 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt in a bowl; Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to wet mixture, one at a time.
- Slowly add flour mixture; mixing until fully combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pretzels.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Once cookies have cooled out of oven, freeze them for a little while until semi-frozen. Then, fill center of two with ice cream, placing back in the freezer until they are at least semi-frozen together. The freezing of cookies before helps from the ice cream melting much when in between the (room temp, if not frozen) cookies.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK