How To Make Mediterranean-Herbed Scallops
This Mediterranean-Herbed Scallops recipe comes courtesy of Athenos Feta Cheese. When we asked our Facebook FOODBEASTS what they typically put the Greek cheese on, they answered everything from pizza, burgers, salads and even ‘pies.’ Now add scallops to that list – recipe below.
- 1 lb. sea scallops, well dried
- 1/4 tsp. each Salt and pepper, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 10 pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup ATHENOS Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 4 cups hot cooked fusilli pasta
SPRINKLE scallops with pepper and 1/8 tsp. salt. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add single layer of scallops; cook 2 to 3 min. on each side or just until firm and browned on both sides. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
ADD tomatoes and garlic to skillet; cook and stir on medium heat 1 min. Stir in wine, broth and olives; simmer 2 min. or until liquid is reduced by half.
STIR in 1 Tbsp. each chives, mint and lime juice. Add scallops; stir. Simmer on low heat 1 min. or until heated through. Add pasta; toss to coat. Transfer to bowl; top with cheese and remaining chives.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK