What’s an inception cookie? Why, it’s a cookie within a cookie of course. You may have seen it before, but it just looks so good this time around it was hard to keep it secret.
A Birthday Cake Oreo stuffed inside of a chocolate chip cookie? That’s the ultimate in mind theft…the ultimate brain explosion.
I also filled some cookies with Tagalongs and Somoas. Surprisingly, even though Samoas are not my favorite cookie (and are kinda far from my favorite cookie), something about the way the flavors melded… it ended up being my favorite cookie-stuffed-within-a-cookie that I’ve ever made. So go crazy, be creative. Most importantly, STUFF ALL OF THE COOKIES!
Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (I usually use “golden” but ran out and ended using half dark)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 oz (half bag) mini chocolate chips
- 1 bag Oreo Cookies (or Tagalongs, or Samoas, or whatever you want. Go crazy)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars in an electric mixer until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie, smoosh down, pressing toward the edges. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie. I sealed mine by pressing the dough to the edges, then rolling the cookie between my hands until it was completely smoothly covered.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 15 minutes before baking.
- Place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake cookies 10-20 minutes, depending on the size of cookie scoop you use. They should be just golden and the bottoms lightly browned.
- Using a large scoop will give you GIANT cookies (see Oreo cookie) that take almost 20 minutes to bake completely
Using a smaller scoop gave me the ratio I preferred (see Tagalong cookie), and they baked faster as an added bonus
Let cool for 5 minutes on a baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK