How To Make Bourbon Pecan Pie
This alcohol-infused-pie recipe comes courtesy of author Kelly Jaggers and her newly released book Not-So-Humble Pies (more hyphens please?). Of the dozens (at least 100+) of recipes to choose from, our FOODBEAST editors did our best to pick our 3 favorites.
Today, I’ll be breaking down how the book is laid out and then following it up by a complete look at how to make one of Jaggers’ most mouthwatering recipes, the Not So Humble version of a Bourbon Pecan Pie.
Not-So-Humble Pies book is broken down into 3 parts and 7 chapters:
Part 1: Not-So-Humble Beginnings
- Chapter 1: Pastry & Cookie Crusts
- Chapter 2: Toppings
Part 2: Sweet-as-Can-Be
- Chapter 3: Creams, Custards, and Chiffons (Oxford Comma!)
- Chapter 4: Fruits, Nuts, and Berries
- Chapter 5: Tarts, Tartlets, and Rustic Pies
Part 3: Savory Situations
- Chapter 6: Dinner Pies
- Chapter 7: Spicy, Salty, and Exotic Pies
Check out the recipe below and stay tune for two more in the coming days.
Bourbon Pecan Pie (Serves 8)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted, plus more for garnish
- 1 (9″) Graham Pecan Crust, baked and cooled*
- 1 batch Salted Caramel Sauce*
In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese, bourbon, and 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream with the remaining powdered sugar and vanilla until it forms medium peaks, about 1 minute.
Beat the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until almost combined. Add the chopped pecans and fold until evenly mixed.
Pour into the prepared crust and chill overnight. Serve with a drizzle of Salted Caramel Sauce.
*Both the Graham Pecan Crust and Salted Caramel sauce are additional recipes located in Chapter 1
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK