Here is How to Make Krispy Kreme Doughnut Brownies
Have you been exercising and eating healthy for the past few months to get ready for swim suit season? Not me. Sun and sand? I don’t care much for either.
So where does that leave me? In the kitchen, thinking of ways to foil your plans of achieving that perfect bikini (or speedo… yowza) bod. And I think I’ve come up with a good one: Krispy Kreme Doughnut Brownies. Yes folks, ooey-gooey brownies chocked full of glazed doughnut awesomeness.
The recipe mirrors the Pumpkin Pie Brownies I made last year. It’s bank, so why mess with a good thing?
Krispy Kreme Doughnut Brownies
- One dozen Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts (6 to 8 for the recipe, the rest for you to shove in your face)
- 2 boxes of your favorite brownie mix
- 2 sticks of butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×13 pan.
- Combine brownie mix, melted butter and eggs in an excessively large bowl until incorporated.
- Cut doughnuts into eighths. Start with six and then see if you feel like adding more. I used seven and a half. (I suggest eating an extra doughnut while cutting to make sure all of the pieces meant for the brownie actually get in the bowl.)
- Fold doughnuts into the brownie mix and spread into prepared pan. Smooth down with spatula.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until the edges are set and the middle is only a little soft to the touch.
Oh man. Eating the brownies while they are still warm is the way to go. They were nice and dense throughout, and the doughnuts were all warm and soft.
Bonus: The hardened glaze that flaked off of the doughnuts during cutting and stirring process melted throughout the brownie, giving each bite that distinct and splendid Krispy Kreme flavor.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK