Here’s How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Bread
I don’t think you can ever have too many different varieties of banana bread. Whether it’s sweetened up with blueberries, rich with chocolate chips, or simply, plain ole banana bread –it’s a bread that will never fail to impress.
For myself, I can’t imagine anything better than a warm slice of it and a mug of coffee to start off a midweek morning. Here’s a quick recipe so you can enjoy that same type of euphoric midweek breakfast that I do:
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance (butter), melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix banana’s, greek yogurt, peanut butter, butter and eggs until smooth.
- Add both sugars to this mixture, combining well.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; Add to the wet mixture.
- When fully combined, pour batter into pre-greased 9×5 loaf pan and bake for 1 hour (or until toothpick test comes out very close to clean).
- Cool, and serve.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK