IHOP Launching Line of Dr. Suess-themed Breakfast Items
In support of the new Universal Pictures flick Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, IHOP is launching a Lorax-themed range of breakfast items.
Not only are there some great looking menu items to choose from, there’s also a green initiative behind the entire campaign. In an effort to ‘Plant 3 Million Trees,’ participating IHOP locations starting February 20th will be giving away one of 3 million free Lorax bookmarks to kids aged 3-12. Each bookmark has ‘tree seed paper’, in essence they’ve been embedded with seeds, in an encourage to cultivate and raise discussion about the environment with a younger audience.
For the menu, IHOP has done its darndest to try and capture the visual flair of Dr. Seuss’ literature in an edible format. Here is the limited-time menu will look like:
- Truffula Chip Pancakes – Whole wheat pancakes filled with rainbow sprinkles, topped with more sprinkles and a creamy strawberry yogurt sauce.
- The Lorax’s Breakfast – Green Eggs & Ham, made with scrambled eggs and creamed spinach – a hearty ham slice and hash browns. Served with your choice of one Rooty Tooty Bar-Ba-Looty Blueberry Cone Cake, two Truffula Chip Pancakes or two Buttermilk Pancakes.
- Rooty Tooty Bar-Ba-Looty Blueberry Cone Cake – A fluffy pancake with blueberries in a crispy waffle cone, topped with blueberry compote and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Mac ‘n Cheese & Truffula Trees – KRAFT-brand Macaroni & Cheese with broccoli florets. Served with fresh fruit.
- Pipsqueak’s Breakfast – Green Eggs & Ham – made with one scrambled egg and creamed spinach – served with a ham quarter. Served with your choice of Rooty Tooty Bar-ba-looty Blueberry Cone Cake, one Truffula Chip Pancake or one Buttermilk pancake.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK