RECIPE: Toasted Pine Nut & Garlic Hummus
Here at FOODBEAST we’re huge fans of Hummus. So when our friends at Fisher Nuts sent over a recipe for their Toasted Pine Nut and Garlic Hummus – I looked through our archive and noticed that we’ve never posted a more “base” Hummus recipe for our readers. And while this recipe isn’t anything CRAY CRAY (ain’t it Jay?) it does set a foundation for our readers to go NUTS. Peanut Butter Hummus? Let’s do it. Buffalo Hummus? Sounds fantastic. Go get ‘em Tiger.
- ¼ cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals Pine Nuts, toasted
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup water (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Sliced vegetables (cucumbers, red peppers, grape tomatoes, carrots, etc.)
- Toasted pita bread
- Place pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, tossing frequently until lightly toasted (about 2-3 minutes). Set aside.
- Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt, garlic and hot sauce (if desired) in a food processor. Blend until smooth adding water as needed until desired consistency is reached. Transfer mixture into a serving bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the mixture. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, paprika and parsley. Serve with fresh vegetables (cucumber rounds, red peppers, grape tomatoes, carrots) and/or toasted pita bread.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK