Wendy’s: The New King of Burgers?
It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that Wendy’s is slated to surpass Burger King as the #2 Burger Chain in America, possibly as early as the end of this year. Wendy’s has been making strong, steady improvements for a while now, and experts predict their efforts will soon be rewarded with a silver medal spot alongside obvious front-runner McDonald’s.
So what exactly has Wendy’s done this year?
- Plans to debut the snazzy W burger in December
- Limited release of chili cheese fries
- An incredible revamp of their breakfast menu (I just got a coupon mailer from them, and was amazed at the variety of new food options!)
- Most famously, their release of Dave’s Hot & Juicy Cheeseburgers
Et tu, Burger King?
- A limited release of fatter, and apparently not much more satisfactory, fries.
- Introduction of the King’s Choice burger
- Its chicken nuggets included on my list of Fast Food That Sucks Ass
- A mostly unremarkable new dessert menu
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK