Oreo Cheesecake Pops
I know I didn’t give my daughter her first M&M, nor did I give her that first Oreo cookie. Yet, somehow, these are her two favorite snacks. Better said, these are her favorite foods. If she could have it her way, they would be her breakfast, lunch, and dinner. With ice cream on the side.
Couple of days ago she really surprised me when she took me by the hand and walked me over to our pantry. She then opened the pantry door, pointed up towards the shelves, and said, “cookie!”.
I didn’t even know that she knew that word.
I picked her up and she reached for the Oreos! Smart girl.
In just a few weeks Ana will be celebrating her 2nd birthday, and I want to make a bunch of her favorites to share with her guests.
Of course, I can’t just put a bowl of Oreos and another bowl of M&M’s on the table. So I’m making some Oreo cheesecake pops and I still haven’t decided on the M&M thing…maybe a big large “mall” type cookie? I’ll come up with something.
I can’t wait to see a bunch of sugar-high children screaming, and running around in my house. Yaaay for me! Don’t be jealous.
Oreo Cheesecake Pops
(Makes 15-20 pops)
You will need:
- 1 package Oreo cookies, divided
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- white chocolate wafers, melted
- lollipop sticks
- styrofoam block
- Put 5 Oreo cookies in a food processor, or food chopper, and grind the cookies to a fine crumb. Set aside.
- Take the rest of the cookies and break them into pieces, then put them in your food processor’s bowl.
- Add in the cream cheese.
- Process until well blended.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for one hour.
- Mold the dough into 1-inch balls and put them back in the fridge for another 20 minutes.
- Melt the wafers.
- Dip the lollipop stick in the melted candy then stick the lollipop stick in the cheesecake pop, half way, and dip the cheesecake pop in the melted candy wafers.
- Sprinkle the cheesecake pop with some cookie crumbs.
- Stick the cheesecake pop into the styrofoam block.
- Do this with the rest of the cookie dough and put the pops in the freezer for 2 hours. They will taste like ice cream!
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK