Crispy Black Bean Tacos With Feta & Slaw
I have a new obsession with pictures of food. Something about how they look, just makes me want to be a chef, or a professional food photographer or just eat. Any of the above would work for me. Smitten Kitchen brings us this recipe for Black Bean Tacos, and man do they look good. Check out more pictures and their recipe after the jump.
You will need:
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons (or more) fresh lime juice
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 white or yellow corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Hot sauce
Place beans and cumin in small bowl; partially mash. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix 2 teaspoons olive oil and lime juice in medium bowl; add coleslaw, green onions, and cilantro and toss to coat. Season slaw to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add tortillas in single layer. Spoon 1/4 of bean mixture onto half of each tortilla; cook 1 minute. Fold tacos in half. Cook until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Fill tacos with feta and slaw. Hit it with some Hot Sauce.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK